Priority Services Register
What is the Priority Services Register?
The Priority Services Register (PSR) is offered by all electricity and water companies. If you sign up, you’ll get extra help for when there is a power cut or in case your water supply suddenly stops.
So if you’re dependent on electricity or water for medical equipment or because you live with a disability, you should register.
This is different to the priority list you can be on with your energy supplier but please let us know if you want us to sign you up to this as well.
Looking for the form? Click here to scroll directly down to it.
Why should I be on the Priority Services Register?
- Advanced notice of planned interruptions to your electricity or water supply.
- Advice on how to be prepared for a power cut or water outage and what to do if one happens.
- A cold weather crisis pack (where available).
- A direct number to call to get straight through to the network operator in the event of an unplanned power cut.
- Special help if you need it from emergency response organisations for example free bottled water or a generator for medical equipment you depend on.
- Your bills can be sent in a different format such as Braille or another language.
- To keep you safe, you’ll also have the option of a password if the supplier needs to visit you.
Who qualifies for the Priority Services Register?
If any of the following apply to you, you qualify for the Priority Services Register.
- You’re aged over 60.
- You rely on electricity for medical reasons or for mobility equipment.
- You have a hearing or visual impairment.
- You have a disability or long term health condition.
- You have a child under 5.
- Anything else which would cause you to feel vulnerable in a power cut or water outage such as mental health.
- A health condition which makes it difficult for you to understand your bills or to stay warm at home.
If your situation isn’t listed, you might still be able to sign up for priority services for other reasons.
How do I sign up for the Priority Services Register?
We’re working with two of the UK’s electricity distribution companies – National Grid and Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks – as well as Wessex Water to sign people up to their PSRs. If you live in their areas (green or blue on the map) you can sign up on the form below. Note that this PSR is not the same as the one kept by your energy supplier (e.g. who you pay your bills to) but we can sign you up to this as well.