Priority Services Register
If your home had a power cut, would it put you at risk?
If it would, for example because you're dependent on electricity for medical equipment or because you live with a disability, you should sign up to the Priority Services Register (PSR). This gives you:
- Advanced notice of planned interruptions to your electricity supply.
- Advice on how to be prepared for a power cut, what to do if one happens and, if necessary, a cold weather crisis pack.
- A direct number to call to get straight through to the network operator in the event of an unplanned power cut.
- Special help, if needed, from emergency response organisations.
We're working with two of the UK’s electricity distribution companies - Western Power Distribution and Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks - to sign people up to their PSRs. If you live in their areas (green or blue on the map), and any of the following apply to you, sign up using the form below.
- You're aged over 60.
- You rely on electricity for medical reasons or for mobility equipment.
- You have a hearing or visual impairment.
- You have a disability or long term health condition.
- You have a child under 5.
Translate this page
Sign up for our newsletter
Receive our quarterly e-newsletter for advice on saving energy, and grants and support in Bristol and Somerset.
Read the latest newsletter here.