Safe & Warm Somerset
Supporting residents in Somerset with reducing energy bills and keeping warm at home
Project duration: November 2017 ongoing
If you’re struggling to afford to heat your house during the pandemic, we have emergency pre-payment meter vouchers available, get in touch.
Everyone deserves a home which is warm, comfortable and affordable to heat. Safe and Warm Somerset is here to help anyone who may need help with energy bills or keeping warm at home.
If you live in Somerset and are:
- Struggling to afford your energy bills
- Living in a cold home or with serious issues like a heating system or boiler that’s not working, broken windows, mould/damp etc.
- Unsure about how to effectively use your heating system
- Living in a home without gas central heating and high electricity bills
Safe and Warm Somerset can help with free, impartial advice and support, including:
- Providing emergency pre-payment meter vouchers (supported by the Somerset Coronavirus Response & Recovery Fund).
- Providing oil-filled radiators
- Checking your eligibility for gas central heating upgrades
- Accessing additional Covid-19 support services
- Mobile phone top ups
We can also help you:
- Keep warm at home with advice on insulation, heating and draft proofing
- Lower your energy bills through guidance on your fuel bill, heating systems and controls, switching tariff or supplier and making simple behavioural changes
- Make home energy improvements to tackle issues with damp and condensation, like installing insulation or first time gas central heating
- Access grants and benefits e.g. Warm Home Discount, ECO flex or benefits you’re entitled to
- Manage debt by setting up repayment agreements and where possible reducing debt
- Access support from local organisations e.g. home improvements or tenants mediation and advocacy support services.
If you’re a landlord in Somerset
We can help you to improve the energy efficiency of your property, supporting you to understand what is needed to meet the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES), and make the necessary changes to improve your property (e.g. heating or insulation measures) without breaking the bank!
We may even be able to help you to access grants aimed at landlords.
Get in touch today and one of our experienced advisors will see how we can help you:
- Call us on 0800 082 2234 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm)
- Submit the form on our website: www.cse.org.uk/contact-us
- Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
And if you would like to refer someone you think needs our support you can fill out our referral form www.cse.org.uk/referral
Safe and Warm Somerset is funded and supported by; Warm Homes Fund, Energy Redress Scheme, Somerset Community Foundation, Mendip District Council, South Somerset District Council, Sedgemoor District Council and West Somerset & Taunton District Council, and Somerset Independence Plus.