Bespoke courses in sustainable energy
Building capacity by training others
CSE provides a range of training courses covering all aspects of sustainable energy. Our courses are designed to empower people to reduce carbon emissions, reduce energy costs and tackle the misery of cold homes.
These courses are either professionally accredited or designed in-house to ensure people develop the skills and knowledge they require.
Our 50 staff have expertise spanning technical, research, planning, policy, advice, customer relations and community engagement specialisms. Training is delivered by staff across all teams to ensure that clients benefit from the in-depth expertise of different members of our teams.
We can deliver specific training support on a range of topics, including: fuel poverty; energy efficiency; energy advice provision; low carbon planning policy; carbon management systems; energy and buildings; low carbon energy supply; supporting community-led sustainable energy projects; carbon costing and impact assessment; low carbon economic development; carbon reduction in schools; transport and smarter driving; and renewable energy technologies.
During our lifetime we've trained more than 55,000 people. That's a lot of capacity-building!
We train hundreds of groups and individuals each year. The following examples are illustrative of our recent training provision, and all have been done over the past three years:
- We’ve helped over 60 people gain the City and Guilds qualification in Energy Awareness - the benchmark training qualification for anyone providing householder facing advice on energy efficiency.
- Preventing illness by tackling cold homes (PITCH) provided training on our service, cold homes, fuel poverty and health to 190 frontline health staff in Bristol in 2015 as part of the Bristol Green Capital programme. This included social care teams, financial assessment staff and health trainers.
- DECC’s Big Energy Saving Network funding for 2015-16 enabled us to train 131 frontline staff on energy efficiency essentials across Bristol, Somerset and Wiltshire.
- The Big Lottery Funded Warmer Improved Somerset Homes (WISH) project has trained 573 frontline workers and 53 volunteers on fuel poverty and energy efficiency.
- We’ve trained 75 smart meter installers, financial capability officers and energy advisors from across the South West on the benefits of smart meters and opportunities for householders to engage with their smart meter.
- Through the Bristol Green Capital we supported the training of 75 energy champions so they could better engage the public in the issues of energy efficiency and renewable energy.
- We've delivered training to the problems of damp and mould in the home to over 25 energy advisors and volunteers.
What people say
Here are some recent quotes from the evaluation forms of people we’ve trained:
- "Excellent training, extremely useful and informative."
- "Thank you, lovely pace, clear, simple and good content and coverage."
- "Very good, well organised, easily understood."
- "Very good leaflets."
- "Fantastic trainer, really engaging and a massive help, thank you."
We can also provide tailored training programmes for groups and organisations that have people they wish to train, including ‘train the trainer’ options where the subject material is appropriate.
Because most of the training we offer is bespoke, our fees inevitably vary according to the size of the group, the venue, the number of trainers required etc. However, a typical training day costs in the region of £600-£1,000.
If you want us to quote, or just want a no-obligation conversation about what we offer, please get in touch. Call 0117 934 1400 or email email@example.com.