Applications open for Bright Green Future
“I think overall it helped me connect with what I wanted and how I wanted to show up and create change in the world."
17 June 2022
We're looking for the next generation of environmental leaders to join our 2022 cohort of Bright Green Future!
Applications are now open to join our innovative Bright Green Future (BGF) programme this August 2022. BGF is a free UK-wide environmental leadership and empowerment programme for 16-19-year-olds.
We particularly welcome applications from people of colour because we want to tackle the lack of diversity in the environmental sector and ensure a diverse mix of voices are represented. Over the six-months, our students are part of a diverse, likeminded and inclusive group of 25 young people who want to see a change in the world.
Together they will:
- Experience an immersive residential of engaging workshops and talks, time spent outdoors and connecting with the other young people on the programme.
- Create and run an inspirational campaign workshop on an environmental topic of choice, working in a team with four of five other students.
- Join interactive career webinars to meet different people working in jobs that are having a positive impact. Students can ask questions and find out about the speaker’s journey.
- Learn about different sustainability topics in an accredited online course and share learnings in monthly discussion groups.
- And finally, celebrate their achievements and graduate from the programme.
To continue the Bright Green Future experience, we have a thriving alumni network of past students. There’s also paid opportunities to become alumni mentors, inspiring and working with future students.
Since 2016, we’ve inspired more than 200 young people to be changemakers and create a positive impact.
Thank you to National Grid ESO and Blagrave Trust for their support funding the programme.
Watch our short video on the programme below: