Annual Review and Accounts 2020-21
8 October 2021
At CSE, we understand the impact created in the world when we share knowledge and practical experience to empower people to change the way they think and act about energy.
Last year was unlike any other. Despite the challenges of Covid-19, we achieved so much throughout 2020-21, continuing an exciting period of growth alongside healthy financial results. Here are just a few highlights ...
- Our advice line saw a 43% increase in enquires.
- Our research programme, Smart and Fair?, is transforming thinking about to make sure the transition to a net zero energy system leaves no one behind.
- THERMOS, our open source mapping software, revolutionised heat network planning.
- We supported 3,500 people working on locally led climate action.
- A new phase of Bright Green Future focuses on Black, brown and other minority ethnic communities, currently so poorly represented in the energy and environmental sectors.
- The pilot phase of Futureproof tested a bottom-up model for low carbon housing retrofit.
Addressing the challenges of achieving net zero while leaving no one behind demands far more of what CSE does well. Meeting that growing demand is at the heart of our future strategy.
We’re grateful to the many organisations and individuals who engage positively with our work: taking our research findings on board, using our services, commissioning us, funding us, partnering with us or simply contacting us for information and support. It makes what we do possible.