Local Council Climate Action days now booking for 2021
20 October 2020
Earlier this year, CSE launched a new series of action planning workshops, designed to help town and parish councils across the UK take practical action on their climate emergency declarations.
The workshops provide local councils with:
- A good grounding on the context, drivers, facts and figures in this space from global to local levels.
- An understanding of the role of local councils and what levers of influence they have.
- The beginning of a practical action plan for their parish or town and be better equipped to address the climate emergency.
- Access to CSE resources and continued support.
These one day conferences have been in high demand ever since, and slots are now fully booked through to the end of the year. The team are now taking bookings for 2021!
For more information on how to book and costs, please get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org or 0117 934 1400.
So far five groups of local councils have received workshops. In March, a group of Derbyshire councils attended the face to face action day. Since then, all subsequent workshops have been delivered via the online events platform Hopin – to groups from Surrey, Worcestershire, Wealden District, Forest of Dean District and Avon.
Here’s what they had to say about their experiences:
“A great opportunity to share ideas with other councils and learn from their experiences so far. A user friendly tool that seemed daunting before the day, but delivered a great experience: loads of information, a listening audience and was actually good fun for such a serious subject. It's now our mission to deliver to our parish the same message in the same inspiring manner.” - Powick Parish Council
“A very good introduction to encouraging local councils to work together. Confident that this format could result in actions stemming from the input of the attendees.” - Lydney Town Council
“Effective review on a very important issue which can sometimes feel too large to tackle. Therefore, breaking down into smaller segments was good with some immediate practical solutions.” - Uckfield Town Council
“Inspirational, energising and fully worth the time to attend.” - Withyham Parish Council
Workshops can be run for whole counties, district-wide or for individual councils and are suitable for between 25-50 delegates.
The day consists of the following core elements:
- Introduction to the climate emergency, and the radical action now needed.
- Facilitated workshops on understanding local impacts, communicating with your residents, and building an action plan.
- Online conference ‘Exhibition Hall’, with stalls from local advice providers, projects and schemes that can help you.
- Networking opportunities, allowing with 1:1 informal meetings with other parish councillors and clerks from your area.
For more information about the day and costs, please get in touch: email@example.com or 0117 934 1400
The total price for design, preparation, delivery and reporting for each workshop will be £2,565 + VAT.
As host you can either incur all, half or none of the workshop cost by offering the workshop to delegates free of charge, by charging a reduced delegate fee and paying the balance, or by passing all of the costs to delegates.