Bright Green Future Environmental Leadership Programme: 2019 Applications Open
We’re looking for the next cohort of young people who are passionate about the environment and want to gain the skills and knowledge to create a different world.
5 February 2019
Bright Green Future is CSE's environmental leadership programme for teenagers aged 14-17 who want to create a more sustainable future for our planet, learn about climate change and environmental protection, gain confidence and meet like-minded people.
It’s a unique opportunity for young people to learn about sustainability and environmental decision-making as well as improve prospects for future jobs and university.
The one-year programme consists of structured training, mentoring, a local project, a work placement and a residential summer school out in the wild.
Each young person on the programme is assigned a mentor from the Bright Green Future team at CSE to help them find a work placement and organise their project.
Our alumni finish the programme with more knowledge, confidence and skills to be able to make a difference, both in their local community and by influencing the way important decisions affecting local and global issues are made.
Applications for Bright Green Future are now open. For more details on the programme and how to apply, take a look at the guidance booklet from the Bright Green Future website.
This is a fantastic opportunity for motivated young people who:
- Care for the environment and have an interest in sustainability.
- Are enthusiastic about gaining new skills and knowledge.
- Are able to create and participate in a local project.
- Are willing to commit time outside of school
Previous participants have said:
- “I’ve made new connections to people with similar world views and been changed by those with different outlooks. I have a better knowledge of social and environmental policy and I also had a lot of fun!”
- “It’s very easy to feel overwhelmed in regards to climate change but on Bright Green Future it was really lovely to meet so many like-minded people with passion for the environment and gave me a lot of hope for the future.”
Roy Kareem, programme manager, says "Bright Green Future is empowering, educational and fun. It's been a privilege to have met and worked with the inspiring young people who joined Bright Green Future over the past three years, and I'm looking forward to more of the same in 2019. If you know of a young person who would benefit from the programme, please put them in touch."
To get in touch with any questions | call 0117 934 1400 | email firstname.lastname@example.org | tweet @BrightGrnFuture | instagram @bright_green_future | see www.brightgreenfuture.org.uk for frequently asked questions.
Bright Green Future is managed by the Centre for Sustainable Energy and is part of a Big Lottery funded project called Our Bright Future, aimed at empowering young people to lead progressive change in their communities and local environment.