Bath-based energy advice service is award winner
30 November 2018
Great news! Our Energy at Home advice service has won a regional industry award.
The service – which is run on behalf of Bath & North East Somerset Council and which provides residents with free, expert advice – has been recognised by the Association of Local Energy Officers (ALEO) as its 2018 South West Award Winner.
The award was made at a ceremony in Birmingham on Wednesday 28 November where ALEO judges praised Energy at Home for promoting domestic energy conservation, and tackling fuel poverty and climate change.
Councillor Mark Shelford, cabinet member for Transport and Environment at B&NES said: “This is a fantastic endorsement of the work carried out by our Energy at Home Team. Over the years, hundreds of residents have benefitted from the advice and help given. In the long term installing energy saving measures not only saves you money but helps the environment too.”
Energy at Home provides residents across Bath & North East Somerset with information on:
- How to save money on your energy bills.
- Whether you are eligible for energy bill rebates or extra support.
- How to use your heating systems most effectively.
- How to tackle damp, mould and condensation problems.
- Which energy saving improvements may be most suitable for your home e.g. heating, insulation and renewable energy technologies.
- Whether there are any grants or loans available to help cover the cost of installing energy saving improvements.
For more information about the Energy at Home Advice Service visit: www.energyathome.org.uk