New grant offers £20k for energy advice initiatives
Apply before 26 October 2018
26 September 2018
NB: Applications to this grant have now closed
A new grant fund is making awards of up to £20,000 available to organisations seeking to run initiatives that support fuel poor people and households, particularly by giving energy advice and services connected to the Priority Services Register (PSR).
The Energy Affordability Fund is funded by Western Power Distribution (WPD) and will be administered by CSE. Grants are limited to organisations working within WPD's network area of the Midlands, South West England and Southern Wales - click here to see if you qualify).
CSE's Rachel Haycock is managing the fund. "This significant grant-pot follows the success of the Affordable Warmth Action Fund also delivered by CSE in partnership with WPD in 2016-17. The need for such fuel poverty initiatives is still high, particularly if we have a winter as cold as the last one."
Funding will be given to activities that meet one or more of the following objectives:
- Identifying new registrants for the Priority Service Register (PSR) and offering support to households already registered.
- Helping PSR-eligible households manage their bills.
- Providing advice and support to enable vulnerable households to make energy efficiency improvements.
- Targeting advice and support services to households in off-gas and higher deprivation areas.
- Working with healthcare providers to raise awareness of the links between cold, damp homes and physical and mental health.
- Applying innovative approaches such as making use of WPD’s online social indicator mapping to target advice services and PSR recruitment.
- Offering training for frontline workers, staff and volunteers on home visits, energy advice, spotting vulnerabilities and making referrals.
The fund is open to all organisation types currently delivering energy advice and outreach activities (or those who have done so in the recent past).
Applications for the grant are now open and will close at 5pm on Friday 26 October 2018.
These grants, and the scheme itself, will be administered by CSE, on behalf of WPD.
Grant recipients will be invited to attend a capacity building and knowledge sharing event run by CSE on 5 December 2018.