Western Power Advice Hub Extended to 2018
18 January 2017
Our partnership with Western Power Distribution to provide free energy advice to people on their Priority Services Register has been extended until March 2018. The project began in 2015 and the service has now been expanded to the South West to cover Bristol and former Avon, Somerset, Devon, Cornwall and parts of Dorset.
The Priority Services Register ensures that vulnerable people receive extra support in the event of a power cut. Those on the list can get advanced notice of planned interruptions to the power supply, a direct number to call in the event of a power cut, and special emergency support if necessary.
In addition to this, through the Western Power Advice Hub, CSE provides in-depth advice on:
- Maximising any income and managing debt.
- Using boiler and heating controls.
- How to make your home more warm and comfortable, and how to avoid problems like damp and mould.
- Saving money on bills including help with switching energy supplier or tariff.
- Finding funding for energy efficiency improvements such as insulation or boiler replacement.
CSE are also working with Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) to sign people up to the PSR. If you think you need extra help in the event of a power cut, or know anyone else who does, please head over to our advice page about the Priority Services Register to check eligibility criteria and to sign up.