Sign up to the Priority Services Register
1 September 2016
CSE is working with Western Power Distribution (the company that runs the electricity network in the Midlands, South Wales and the South West) to sign people up to their Priority Services Register (PSR).
This is a special service that offers priority treatment to those who'd be particularly at risk during a power cut, for example because they are dependent on electricity for medical equipment or because they live with a long-term illness or disability.
But it's also available to anyone in receipt of a state pension.
"The benefits of being on the PSR for vulnerable householders are significant," says CSE's Jamie Walters. "They include advanced notice of planned interruptions to your electricity supply, advice on how to be prepared for a power cut - and, if necessary, a cold weather crisis pack, a direct number to call to get straight through to the network operator, and special help, if needed, from the British Red Cross."
For an online sign-up form, go to this page of our advice site.
This initiative is part of the Power Up Advice Hub partnership in which CSE provides free energy advice to customers on WPD's Priority Services Register on:
- Income maximisation, including benefits entitlement, Warm Home Discount applications and managing debt (energy and non-energy related)
- Switching supplier or tariff to get a better deal
- Schemes that offer funding for energy efficiency measures, such as the Energy Company Obligation (ECO) schemes, and take referrals for these
- Boiler replacement and using heating controls
- Suggestions for ways to minimise condensation, damp and mould in the home