Annual Report 2014-15
Lessons learned, achievements, and, of course, lots of numbers
21 July 2015
Our 2014-15 Annual Report, including financial statements for the year to 31 March 2015, is now available: click here to download it.
The Report builds on last year’s publication by describing five lessons we’ve learned in the year:
- Don't forget the basics (as our website regularly reminds us)
- Prepayment meters are popular with some users (but the raw deal persists)
- Resist the hype (focus on achievement and learning)
- Solid wall insulation is building work, not insulation work
- Fuel poverty (still) isn't a priority for the health service (so change the message)
CSE’s Chief Executive, Simon Roberts, explains: “These lessons are drawn – sometimes a bit painfully – from our experiences in 2014-15. We publish them in the hope they will stimulate plenty of thought and discussion. We’ll be applying them as best we can in our work in the future and we hope others will do the same.”
CSE’s 2014-15 Annual Report includes details of how we’ve been delivering against our current 3 year strategy (adopted by Trustees in March 2014) through a range of different projects and programmes. It also outlines our financial performance. Turnover of £2.18m was roughly in line with the previous year. The deficit of £96,460 is due to a planned investment during the year of more than £127,000 from our reserves into selected projects. This Strategic Investment Reserve forms part of the reserves policy adopted by Trustees, as described in the Annual Report.
Annual reviews of previous years can be found here.