Free training for frontline workers
Supporting people in fuel poverty
4 February 2015
CSE’s Household Energy Services team is offering free training sessions to anyone working to advise or support vulnerable people.
Living in a cold home can have a devastating impact on daily life, much like it did for the family featured in this piece. We know that the fuel poor are often already engaged with various agencies and support services. However, many of these services are under huge pressure, and may not have up-to-date information on support options for people who are unable to adequately heat their home.
We can provide free training for organisations across Bristol and Somerset, to enable them to advise on the help that is available and how to access it. Our sessions are flexible and can be tailored to the needs of the organisation, but can include:
- How to tell if someone needs help
- The impact of persistently cold homes on individuals and society
- What advice, support and practical help is available to help people in your area
- What funding is available to improve insulation and heating systems
- Simple advice that can make a big difference – e.g. how to switch energy supplier
If you’re interested in having a CSE advisor come to speak to your organisation, or would like to send someone from your team to a session that CSE run, please get in touch.
Call Justin on 0117 934 1417 or email email@example.com.