City & Guilds Energy Awareness course in Bristol
Places available for October
16 September 2014
CSE’s Lead Trainer, Anna Watts, is running a City & Guilds Energy Awareness Course in Bristol during October 2014. It's a great course for people who need to know about and advise others on home energy issues, and there are a few places left.
Level 3 Award in Energy Awareness 6281-01
This three-day course leading to the NEA / City & Guilds 6281-01 Level 3 Award in Energy Awareness (previously known as 6176-01 Level 2) has been running for over 25 years reaching more than 22,000 people. This remains NEA's most popular course for energy efficiency advisors, including all the CSE staff!
Learn about heating controls, fuel cost data, bills and payment options, energy efficiency, the Green Deal and more...
What's in the course?
NEA's energy awareness course will train you to advise clients on a range of issues including:
- the efficiency and appropriate use of heating and hot water systems, the functions of the controls, and how to set them
- how clients can record their gas and electricity consumption and work out the costs
- how they can pay for gas and electricity in different ways, and what to do if they get into debt
- how to avoid condensation and mould, and how to take remedial action if condensation dampness exists
- the Green Deal and Energy Company Obligation
And you will learn how to:
- identify ways to improve the energy efficiency of a range of different housing types
- interpret domestic energy cost data using reference materials
It's a three-day training course, plus a one-day written and practical examination.
Who should attend?
This course will be useful to people from a range of organisations, like local authorities, voluntary organisations, energy companies or housing associations. You will need to have basic literacy and numeracy skills, be able to use a calculator and be able to extract and interpret data from given tables.
When is the course running?
Monday 13, Tuesday 14 and Tuesday 21 October 2014. Examination date TBC, likely Tuesday 28 October. You need to attend all of these days to complete the course.
What does it cost?
£805, not including VAT. This cost includes the three day course, examination day, course materials and certificate. VAT will be applicable. Costs are correct at time of issue but may be subject to change.
How to book
To book a place, please contact Anna Watts on 0117 934 1423 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that you will need to pay for the course and exam upfront. Cleared funds will need to be in CSE’s bank account for you to be admitted on the course.