Volunteers needed to tackle Somerset fuel poverty
Could you help with our WISH project?
16 June 2014
Would you like to help vulnerable people in Somerset to stay warm when winter comes?
Our WISH project is helping Somerset residents to escape from the trap of fuel poverty. But there are a lot of people who need help! We are looking for a few more volunteers to help us meet the needs we are seeing - particularly people who can go along to public events, and/or visit people in their homes.
You will be:
- Out and about speaking to people about their energy use, providing advice and tips to save money on energy bills.
- Giving advice on what grants or assistance might be available to people.
- Visiting peoples’ homes to provide in-depth advice and ongoing support for their particular situation.
You will be accompanied by a member of staff whilst doing these activities, and full training and support will be offered for all aspects of this role, including training on energy efficiency, bills etc. to enable you to advise people confidently.
You need to:
- Have some time to spare in the week or at weekends
- Have an interest in energy saving
- Be enthusiastic about helping other people
- Have access to transport, if you live in a very rural area
- Be able to access email at least once a week
How you will benefit:
- Formal training and ‘on the job’ training in a supportive environment
- Experience that will look really good on your CV
- A warm glow from the satisfaction of really making a difference to peoples’ lives.
- Expenses are paid
Interested? Get in touch! Contact Lisa Evans on 0117 934 1402 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.