Green Open Homes: competition update
Round two is underway - win event funding and support
14 October 2013
Round one of our Green Open Homes competition has finished, and the second round is underway.
Community groups have until 9 December to win expert support and a grant to help them run an open homes event showcasing low carbon improvements in their neighbourhood.
See all the details on the Green Open Homes website.
First round frenzy
Competition round one was only open for four weeks, but we received 21 applications, eight of which have been offered awards. They range from small local events right up to county-wide bonanzas and have some great ideas for getting people engaged. Congratulations to:
- Frome's Green Open Homes, run by Sustainable Frome
- Esk Valley and Coast Green Open Homes, run by Moor Sustainable
- North Dorset Open Homes, run by North Dorset District Council
- Cumbria Green Build on Tour, run by Cumbria Action for Sustainability
- EcoHomes Open Week Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire, run by Marches Energy Agency
- Oxfordshire Green Homes Network, run by Resource Futures / Low Carbon Hub
Bridget Newbery, managing the project, says:
“It’s been fantastic to see all the applications and ideas for green open homes events so far. We want to spread our support widely so that as many events as possible can get underway. So for round two, we’re particularly keen to receive applications for small and medium-sized local events that need some help to get off the ground.”
Enter the second round of the competition at: www.greenopenhomes.net/support-for-organisers/competition The deadline is 9 December 2013.
Photo: Bristol Green Doors