Our technical expertise is central to ensuring both the technical robustness and credibility of CSE’s work and to delivering sustainable energy consultancy projects for a range of public, private, and community-sector organisations.
Our technical consultancy work helps our clients to reduce their energy use, improve their efficiency, and choose appropriate energy technologies. For example, we:
- Deliver feasibility studies especially for biomass, micro-generation and building integrated renewable energy systems;
- Support carbon reduction in local authority estates through energy audits, training, and strategy development;
- Advise local authorities in developing an evidence base and subsequent planning policies to encourage low-carbon buildings and decentralised energy generation as well as developing design briefs for new developments;
- Help developers and construction professionals comply with decentralised energy supply targets, ranging from scoping options at the pre-application and master planning stage through to detailed feasibility at the design stage;
- Carry out energy assessments of domestic, public and commercial buildings;
- Provide technical support for communities on appropriate energy technologies for their situation and for their engagement in large scale renewable energy projects.
We work with a wide range of organisations, from large public organisations and corporations to small companies and voluntary sector agencies. We combine a focus on buildings and energy systems with direct engagement with the people who live or work in them.
For a full explanation of our consulting services, download our capability statement.
Some of our technical consultancy clients:
Wiltshire Council | The All England Lawn Tennis and Croquet Club (Wimbledon) | Mendip County Council | Regen SW | Bath & North East Somerset Council and Local Strategic Partnership | Bristol City Council | Crest Nicholson | GASTEC at CRE | The Premises Studios
See also the links on the right for more technical projects.